Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[OOC]Flash News

(08-14-2016, 03:05 PM)Hentail Wrote: Edward Yutan, for his actions at the recent summit, has been promoted to the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

This is the OOC thread, bud. Wink

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops...

I got my number from the arsenal in Russia irl. But my source was wrong, 10K is more realistic

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing that out I updated my post.

Why would your recently-come-out-of-isolation country need even 1000 nuclear weapons, let alone ten times that? :S

Because Selene is a superpower and they want to make sure that Selene doesn't bother them.

It's similar to the cold war, they are meant to intimidate without having to actually say anything

In the Cold War, the Soviet Union got nukes because the United States had them.

And isolation is never an absolute, just look at the entire history of China. Even when isolated they kept up with their neighbors.

That's not my point. What I'm trying to say is, why get so many nukes to oppose Selene when (a) Procellia hasn't been under Selene's radar since the 900s and (b) it hasn't been established if Selene has nukes in the first place.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you can't have nukes. Your military is yours to make. I'm asking if the number you have in mind is truly proportional to the supposed threat. If Selene hasn't paid attention to you in centuries and has explicitly expressed its intent to stop getting involved in world affairs, how logical is it to increase your arsenal at this point in time?