Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC] Mekselia Summit

(For some reason I can't delete this post so just ignore it)

Prime Minister Torryn Giles was a tall, rail-thin whip of a man. His black hair was slicked back, and though the smile on his angled face was genuine, he always seemed to have something close to a smirk adorning his features, like he had a secret held close to the chest. While this was almost guaranteed as the leader of his small island nation, the secret itself was certainly not coming out of him.

The car they’d gotten from the Sartorians was a good model, with a provided driver and everything. Giles’ own Secret Service bodyguards had taken two positions, one in the front passenger seat and the other directly to his left. Security here was high in light of the summit, and while a full platoon of Federal Marines were locked, loaded and ready to go on the schooner down in the harbor, they would remain there lest something serious occur, as a courtesy to the Principality. In the meantime, two agents with machine pistols would do to get him to the front door of the Palazzo Malzo, almost assured safety.

Zimynam, for its size and isolation, hadn’t been much involved in foreign policy. It could simply take its strong navy and completely isolate the island from the rest of the world if need be, and that was roughly where the Federal Republic had been sitting by and large the past few decades, watching the world around them. Giles had, however, received the summons, and decided now of all times would be a good one to finally step back out into the world of foreign affairs.

“Mister Prime Minister,” Agent Corvis was saying from beside him. “We have all contingencies in place that we can assure. Extraction is prepared and ready should an incident occur.”

“While I appreciate your vigilance,” Giles replied, his face still carrying that light, casual smile. “I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to attempt an attack in the capital of the world’s superpower while over a dozen minor nations are in attendance.”

“We need to be ready, Mister Prime Minister,” Agent Umbrey replied. “These kinds of crises always come with little warning. If someone is bold enough, it’ll happen one way or another.”

They left the issue alone as the car finally pulled up, and the three passengers stepped out, Giles adjusting his suit as he pulled out his cane. For a young man of forty-one (young for a politician, at least), the use of a cane might be unusual, but the leg injury he’d suffered in his youth had never properly healed, leaving him with a severe limp. As the two agents took his flank, he pulled himself up the stairs as best he could, finally coming to the top of the steps.

It was here that he first met First Councilor Marco Valerio.

The agents surrendered their machine pistols without opposition. Carrying the weapons this far was a mere precaution anyway, and now security was entrusted to the Sartorians. But Giles strode as smoothly as he could towards the Councilor, an honest and genuine smile on his face as he extended a hand.

“Councilor Valerio, our gracious host, I assume? Given these fortuitous circumstances, I am honored to personally greet you in this historic meeting. I would have sent an ambassador, but for a summit such as this, I feel a more personal meeting might be a sight more courteous, yes? Let us hope our future relations can help to make up for our lack of past associations.”

"High priestess, please reconsider" begged Lord Cuz for no less than the tenth time. Procellia, after their declaration of neutrality, had become much more cautious about their dealings. The invitation had been poorly received in the People's Assembly and it had taken six negotiations before a decision had been made.

The Dras had not been subtle about his opposition to the meeting, remembering the hostile nations welcome last time. And with the Dras in the no camp it had proven to be very hard to get a majority vote. In an effort of compromise the royalists, in exchange for a yes vote, had been given their choice of delegates. For this reason Lord Cuz and the High Priestess of Leos'mal were now on the steps of the meeting house.

The High Priestess was a tall woman, shrouded in a black Purdah, as was traditional for women of the priesthood. As she had surrendered her name when she became a high priestess her only address was her title. Lord Cuz however had become very concerned about her, as she was not a diplomat and was invaluable to the city.

"Child of Kishthru" she said calmly, referring to the Leos'mal's patron demon "I am humbled that the servant of the demon King (ooc: the Dras) has honored me with the privilege to represent him. We are both mère worms in comparison to our great King, unworthy to even lick the mud from his boots. Yet you question his choice? He who has bonded with the great glory of our Supreme protector? Refrain from such blasphemy in my presence your Lordship."

Lord Cuz bit his tongue hard to avoid retorting, despite his position he'd never been as religious as his citizens and had to remind himself that it was religion that gave him power. The Dras had chosen the High Priestess as their nation's representative, and himself for the ever so boring task of protecting her honor.

The guards in the entry regarded the pair with raised eyebrows, Lord Cuz in his long layered robes of silk and fur looked oddly out of place beside the modestly dressed High Priestess. Having been reminded of his place the Lord stood behind her as she placed their invitation on the floor soothe guards could pick it up without touching the holy woman.

Gently swinging a silver incense burner attached to a chain she said, in broken Latin, "We wish to bless our host, in the name of Kishthru, the demon patron of my city. For whom I am but an unworthy slave in this life and next"

Yutan surprised at this sudden influx of delegates, greeted them properly. "Hello delegates, it's nice to meet all you!" he said. "Let's discuss some issues in the world."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takis then stood up and said " Well like i said about the terrorist problems how do we combat that and where".

Growing somewhat annoyed, Meztli Ilhutl spoke once more.

"With all due respect to both the Soltek and Greek Delegations, we are here to discuss matters of trade and diplomacy, not anti-terrorism efforts. We can schedule talks regarding such issues for a later date in the near future. In fact, I have a tangentially related issue involving human trafficking, so I'll offer to host a Summit at my capital three days after these talks end, to discuss matters of human trafficking and counter-terrorism efforts. Until then, let's please stay on the topic of trade."

Yutan, looking like a cartoon man with dollar signs, was excited about the interest of trade and nodded. "Ah yes, I do agree, we need money-I mean trade," said Yutan. "Also, I had a suggestion earlier to have a summit at my nation's capital with the leader. I appreciate the offer, but I prefer it at my nation."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takis then stood up and said " I will give military arms to anyone in exchange for oil supplies".

'We are not in need of arms of soldiers but anyone who would want to open a trade route with us, we have food, technology and oil to spare' Heesish offered.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Takis turned and said " I can offer some of our metal works in exchange for your oil".