Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC]  Journals of J. Jessero

Treasures of Stone
June 17, 2017

It has been over a week since we were crowded into the small cave so as to get out of that monstrous storm. Two of our four vehicles have been totaled by the sheer force of the winds assaulting them with sand. The other two vehicles feel as though their outer paint coats are coarse and sandpapered, though with the wind they were sandblasted quite literally. We have fortunately been able to radio out to our oversight team in the village of Vahnik on the edge o the wastes, they will be sending out two more vehicles and then towing the two disabled ones back on a flat bed. All in all it is rather expensive, fortunately the expedition has a mysterious group of anonymous backers who have bank rolled them. Iras isn't sure who they are or at least she isn't saying, either way I'm not sure how I feel about these people I know nothing of.

I spent the first day in the cave simply reading through the various cave writings and indeed they were Raian. It was interesting, mainly the writings dealt with a warning to outsiders that within the mountain lie the 'center'. We weren't sure if we were translating that part right as the carved runes were ground down and unclear. Some in the expedition didn't want to continue into the cave in fear that there might be traps and such but considering the great age of the place along with the fact that traps had not been uncovered at any other Raian sites we decided it was likely safe.

The second day in the caves was more interesting. As we descended down what must have been a cave carved into a corridor of sorts we came across a large stone door. It was circular in nature and had carvings that looked maybe a century old but in reality were likely as old as those near the entrance. Our x-ray machine couldn't penetrate the stone and so we were met with one of two realities. The first was that the door was not a door but an intricately carved wall and thus impassable. The second was that the door was either so thick that the machine couldn't scan past it or there was lead behind it. Neither prospect was good and we hoped it was the latter of them.

The storm broke in the second evening and I spent three more days in those damn caves at the stone door of sorts trying to decipher the meaning of what was written there. Once we did decipher it we were left with a rather cryptic piece. "Beyond lies the Center. Here lies the beginning but not the end." None of use know what this means and what Raian texts have been deciphered through out history have never referenced the Center or have they spoken of things like this. Either way this trip is turning out to be more fascinating than I thought it would be. We very well might just be on to something here.

-

Vahnik - A city in Reshara on the edge of 'The Wastes' and is serving as the Operational HQ for the Expedition.

Messages In This Thread
Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-13-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 07-16-2017, 02:40 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 09-27-2017, 12:33 AM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Royero - 02-18-2018, 03:28 AM