Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC]  Journals of J. Jessero

Endless Sands
June 10, 2017

The Wastes, truly something that lived up to their name. Nothing but sand, endless sands. It took a couple days but we finally arrived to the first site that Iras thinks might be the location of Rokh. The mountains that rise up in this part of the desert only resemble those in the heartlands of Parthenopias. The way the sharp tan figures breach the heavens above truly is magnificent. The dunes come up to either side of this desert spine, the wind whipping the sand into every crevice. I must admit that it was much like the sand that was being sent into every crevice on all of us. My graying blond hair certainly seemed to attract a disproportionate amount of sand so I had to tuck it beneath a scarf. Fortunately sunglasses helped keep these blue orbs from drying out too much in the noonday sun that seemed to beam upon the Wastes for most of the day.

We arrived at the base of the mountains early last night and quickly set up some kind of camp, this morning however we noticed something on the horizon that chilled most us to the core. A sandstorm or as the Resharans call them, Ramalia or in Parthenian it would most closely be translated to sand wall. It was moving towards us but very far in the distance, the decision was made to move as much supplies as possible into a cave that was towards the lower third of the mountain. Some minor exploration of the cave done by Iras and her team earlier in the year had revealed some writing in ancient Raian near the cave entrance and she believed there would be more further in.

By nightfall the storm was upon us and was quite a sight to behold, somewhat terrifying I must admit. Iras wasn't kidding about the detail found on the carvings, they seemed as though they were just a couple centuries old rather than nearly two and a half millennia. I fully intend to explore more of the lower caves tomorrow with some of the others. I have a feeling that there might be clues to the location of Raia here.

-

Messages In This Thread
Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-13-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 07-16-2017, 02:40 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 09-27-2017, 12:33 AM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Royero - 02-18-2018, 03:28 AM