Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

S1E1 - Parthenopian Election, Terorrist Attacks, Leadership Changes

[Image: unknown.png]

Andreja Ilić - Good evening, and welcome to Real Time! I'm Andreja Ilić, hosting this week in the beautiful city of Vilenjak, and it's going to be a fun one today! We've certainly got an interesting international cast, so without any more waiting, we'll introduce them, and dive right in! Coming to us from Parthenopias is Dr Herida Iannos, a Professor of Parthenopian Foreign Policy and Stragetic Interests at the University of Panthea.

Herida Iannos - smiles and waves

Andreja Ilić - From Kumari, we have Mr Bennit Venitr, a Professor of Economics at the University of Kumari.

Bennit Venitr - waves Hello.

Andreja Ilić - And finally, from Akarus in the north, Mr Hendrik Aartsen, a Political Analyst at the University of Andropen.

Hendrick Aartsen - Good evening.

Andreja Ilić - With so many professors in one room, it feels like college again. Let's begin! Recently, in Parthenopias, Archon Jessero announced that the election for the position of Archon will be held on May 21st. What are the thoughts on such a late announcement for elections? I understand Dr Iannos and Mr Aartsen are more versed on the subject of elections, but it still seems so strange.

Herida Iannos - Strange to an outsider perhaps, but in Parthenopias it was less about when and more about who would be running. Elections for Archon are always held in mid to late may, with five-year intervals.

Andreja Ilić - But only a month of campaigning? Even here in Anesia, we've got 9 months for the official campaign period.

Herida Iannos - Short campaign period means that the people aren't bogged down with endless election propaganda.

Andreja Ilić - I can understand that, but I'm a journalist by trade, and I can tell you and show you that it takes months to fully vet a single candidate.

Bennit Venitr - One month of Campaigning isn't a lot of time to get your point across, but then again, Kumari hasn't seen elections ever besides the recent local elections.

Herida Iannos - A month is ample time if you're used to this kind of political arena.

Andreja Ilić - I'd continue, but I'd be taking away from Mr Aartsen, who is much more informed on this topic.

Herida Iannos - Then again those used to a nine-month ordeal would think a month is a blink of the eye.

Hendrick Aartsen - I think the real question is who's going to be running and what kind of ideological mix we're going to see. I think political shake-ups may be on the horizon, and not just in Parthenopias.

Andreja Ilić - Does that include Kalos's Lambros?

Herida Iannos - That Kalon affair was rather tragic, even if they are a xenophobic state.

Hendrick Aartsen - A terror attack of that scope raises some serious concerns. And if other recent events are any indication this could just be the beginning.

Andreja Ilić - Terrorists do seem to be in increasing frequency these days. From Kalos to Fydoria.

Bennit Venitr - You know, in times of turmoil you need a strong leader to take charge and I applaud Lambros.

Herida Iannos - I would venture that inept governments are on the rise. I mean how does one let their entire governing council get killed, and in another instance the nation's leader be held hostage in his own home.

Bennit Venitr - It is embarrassing for everyone

Andreja Ilić - I don't know much about Kalos, but I don't think it was Lambros's direct fault, even if he seems to be a major figure in the nation.

Herida Iannos - Hopefully he simply restores stability. The last thing anyone close wants is a nation in turmoil.

Andreja Ilić - His xenophobia, however, is definitely disconcerting.

Herida Iannos - That is nothing new though from Kalos.

Andreja Ilić - No, it isn't, and that is perhaps what I dislike most about the nation.

Bennit Venitr - He simply wants to protect his people, but unfortunately his xenophobic ideas will lead to poor diplomatic negotiations and then the fall of his nation.

Andreja Ilić - The nation's xenophobia has been a central tenet of it for a while, but it's their access to the minerals in the mountain range that keeps them going. With that said, though, there's also the matter of Ifereich's President dying recently too.

Herida Iannos - That was an unfortunate circumstance and I would not be surprised if the opposition seizes this opportunity to make some serious headway.

Andreja Ilić - It'd contribute to some more instability in this part of the world, and with Kalos, that might not be too good. That being said, I don't believe there's anything else to add on any of the topics?

Hendrick Aartsen - After 38 years in power one could wonder what will happen to their political landscape.
If the party will maintain its grip or opposition factions will be able to seize control.
Dic
Andreja Ilić - Another country to watch in the coming weeks! Well, that's it for our show this week. Thank you to Mr Aartsen, Dr Iannos, and Mr Venitr for joining me tonight, and good night!