Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

New power!

It seems the political stage has been rocked by the advent of a new nation. The Dominion of Gergoire, or the Dominion as it is referred to by its human resources of citizens, has carved out their own way in the world through blood. Centered in the city of Rathvik, the Dark Prince of Gergoire, Prince Baelth, has opened discussions with the rest of the world. The atmosphere of the executive chamber is bleak and depressing, as he sits in a black leather chair, a long snake-like beast around his shoulders, a doomwyrm according to his advisors whispering facts into the ambassador's ears. He gestures for them to sit, "I speak for Gergoire. State your business."

One of the premier diplomats of the Drewish Empire, James Apoge, walks into the room and takes a seat. A member of the Imperial Guard stands behind him, ready to defend Apoge from any possible threats. "Greetings!" said Apoge, "Let me be the first to congratulate you on the independence of your nation. I come as a representative of the Drewish Empire, an island nation to the South of Gergoire. We would like to formally submit a request for positive relations with the Dominion."

The Prince steeples his fingers and considers Apoge's offer. His face is calm as the Doomwyrm hisses at James Apoge. Prince Baelth feeds it a squirming rat as he smiles. "The Dominion needs allies in their fledgling stage. The Drewish Empire will be on good terms with the Dominion." A butler pours cups of tea and he offers a cup to Apoge. "Let not the actions of the past corrupt the positions of the future, as my predecessor would say before he was assassinated."

Apoge takes the tea, and thanks the butler. Slightly unnerved, he continued. "Good. However, we must still discuss the terms of this alliance. For example, you could remain exclusive allies of the Empire. You could also go one step further, and join the Nationalist Alliance, an honorable organization of which the Empire is a founding member. Additionally, as an ally, would you want to provide each other with military aid? The Drewish Empire has one of the most advanced militaries in the world. We have many advanced weapons we would be open to selling to our allies."

The Prince strokes his pet and it lets out a rumbling hiss-purr, "The Dominion have arms of our own and our biologists are working on weaponizing our beloved Doomwyrms. Perhaps this alliance could be more than a simple military agreement. Mayhaps our innovations can be brought into the main stream as we reconventionalize warfare as you know it." He taps a button on his desk and a projector screen comes down. On it is a presentation on the Doomwyrm and how it can be genetically altered to wage war successfully against metal and gunpowder. The Prince continues, smiling at Apoge's unnerved state, revealing pointed teeth, "We have carved out our home from blood and flesh and bone, and we are used to being alone in such endeavours as to increase the Dominion's assets. Joining the Alliance would be counter to what the people of the Dominion know as truth in the world, so you may have to settle with just a military agreement and possibly a technological one as well."

Apoge continued, but he was becoming more creeped out by the minute. He made sure not to let it show. "We would agree to such an alliance. Not all of our allies also participate in the NA. I would recommend a mutual defense agreement, plus possibly an exchange in military ideas that we can both benefit from. For example, these doomwyrms are unlike anything I've seen before. They have potential for updating our army, which is having trouble competing with the democracies and communists. Conversely, the Drewish Empire maintains one of, if not the most powerful and advanced navies on the planet. You could teach us of your impressive bio engineering skills, and we could teach you of our naval engineering supremacy."

The Prince stands and looks out the window. "It seems the Dominion is not the only one to have a focus in military might... It is settled. The Dominion of Gergoire and the Drewish Empire shall maintain a military and technological alliance unlike that the world of Selene has seen." He snaps his fingers and a butler comes in with a piece of parchment. He scrawls a small yet legible signature and presses a ring into some hot wax. "Sign here to make this document detailing our agreements official." He presents the paper to Apoge.

Apoge signs the paper, and thanks the Prince for his time. He then walks briskly out of the room and prepares to leave for the Empire.

OOC:

Gentlemen for the time being I'm placing this entire event on hold and going to ask that you hold off as mentioning this ICly in canon as well. Justinian will be taking to Gergoire about a few regional matters and Drewish I will be TGing you unless you can hop onto the Regional IRC so I can handle somethings!

Thank you both!

-Noveaux, Roleplay Councillor

OOC: Ok cool. BTW, you may want to talk over these doomwyrm things with Gergoire just to make sure they're realistic. I cant join the IRC right now because its asking me for money.

(I see what you mean Noveaux. This whole alliance thing did move to fast. Real life countries wouldn't make military agreements this fast.)