Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: Which Candidate Do You Support?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wellman
20.00%
2 20.00%
Usla
70.00%
7 70.00%
Burish
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Succession Confusion in the Empire!

In a Shocking Turn of Events, Grand Imperator Christopher Stachowiak has Died of a Heart Attack!
 This morning, the Grand Imperator of the Drewish Empire died of a heart attack. After ruling the Empire for more than 40 years, many now wonder who will lead the Drewish people. Three potential candidates have risen from the Empire's most powerful Houses. Depending on which candidate is chosen, major policy shifts in the nation may occur. In several days, the Council of Lords will convene to elect the newest Imperator. Below, the candidates have been listed.

Sir Arthur Wellman (of the House of Wellman)
Sir Wellman is 49 years old and was born in Kingsport. He is widely considered to be the favorite to rule the Empire. He has served in the Drewish Navy since he was 16 years old, and has become distinguished due to his military expertise. His policies are very similar to that of the previous Imperator. Wellman stresses the importance of the NA, and favors allocating slightly less money towards the military, and instead focusing on bolstering infrastructure. He also believes that the Empire should maintain peaceful relations with the democracies of the world. 

Sir Genelius Usla (of the House of Uslariskov)
Sir Genelius Usla is 38 years old and was born in the city of Watchtower. Usla is considered a revolutionary mind in his time. While Usla is a highly successful buisiness man, he has never served in political or military office. Usla's stance on many issues are rather unusual. He favors increased freedoms throughout the Empire, and campaigns to increase free speech. Usla also believes in establishing a lasting peace with both communist and democratic nations throughout the world. Finally, he is perhaps most known for his efforts to grant freedom to the Empire's only colony, the Coastland Territory. This colony has recently undergone much turmoil as its residents campaign to be released from the military occupation it is currently ruled by, sometimes resorting to acts of domestic terrorism to do so.

Sir Anton Burish (of the House of Burish)
Sir Anton Burish is 45 years old, and was born in Bastiona. His views are highly nationalistic, and border on fascism. Burish has served as the Minister of Intelligence for the last 15 years, helping to execute many of the Empire's covert activities. This candidate favors increased cooperation with other members of the Nationalist Alliance against both democratic and communist nations, who he has describes as "the imperialist vermin of the world, intent only upon preventing the Empire's quest for glory." Burish favors a crackdown on rebels in the Coastland Province, and supports a large increase in military spending and recruitment. His fiery speeches have gathered much support from hardliners throughout the nation.

OOC: you may have your leadership react below

The Republic of the Communist States of Kumari sends it's regards to the fallen leader as General Secretary Wolfric Swartvec has this and only this to say "Grand Imperator Christopher Stachowiak, had different views on how a country should be run than myself, but we had one thing in common we both wanted what is best for our country so I respect him for that reason alone." He also signed into effect that any and all citizens of Drewish nationality are free from internment camps and all loyalty trials if they choose to go back to their homeland due to the unfortunate event.

A recent meeting with the ministry of foreign relations shows that the country's best interest is to support Sir Usla, but with the strict rules of the RCSK government prevents any investment or interference in his election and only this endorsement. The Secretary of Foreign Relations hopes that with Sir Usla in charge that the Communist and Nationalist negotiations will improve. It is also in our best interests as he will be in charge of the founding country of the Nationalist Alliance and help it to more open mindedness towards Communism and Democracy.

A lavish funeral has been planned for Imperator Stachowiak. No expense will be spared to honor the fallen hero.

In other news, while the Council has not yet decided who will be the new Imperator, rumors say that despite Wellman being the original favorite to win, the council is leaning towards Burish and Usla as well. Reportedly, while Wellman still holds the most votes on the council, Usla is a close second, and Burish lags only slightly behind in third.

Many Fornirian parties, the Royal Family, many human rights groups and the government itself all wish Sir Genelius Usla good luck on his candidacy.

Usla issued a compelling speech to the Council this afternoon. According to rumors, Usla now possesses the most votes, with Wellman a close second, and Burish a distant third.

Breaking News!
Sir Usla was found guilty of treason this morning, after evidence was found linking him to terrorist activities in the Coastland province. He has been sentenced to death by firing squad. With Usla out of the race, Wellman seems to have the throne won. Some have privately expressed concern that Wellman had Usla framed. (This is not unusual for Drewish politics, many believe Stachowiak had his political opponents assassinated.)

Edward Yutan is in shock over all of this news, and claims that Wellman is not in shape to rule over the Drewish Empire. He states that Wellman advocates for happy relations with the very enemy, democracies. "We all know the main enemies, communism and democracy," said Yutan. Luckily Ulsa has been cast away. Wellman is unfortunately a man who wishes to keep relations among the vermin of the world. The only wise choice is Anton Burish. He wants what's best for the nation, he loves his country, and serving as Minister of Intelligence shows he is a smart man. Burish is a man I would love to work with as a fellow world leader. With him as the leader, and Wellman as a general, the Drewish Empire would be a force to be reckoned with. Now, no matter how this plays out, we will attempt good relations with the Drewish Empire, I simply want what's best for the nation, no, a brother that sides with me and numerous others against communism and democracy. That is all."

New Imperator Update:
At this point in the race, an Imperator still has not been chosen. Following Usla's conviction, Wellman is left with considerably less competition for the throne. While Burish is still in the race, it is doubtful he will carry enough votes to win. However, a decent number of Lords on the Council still support Burish, and if Wellman wins, these hardliners may make it difficult for him to accomplish much while he is in office. According to rumors and speculation Wellman is reportedly planning on adapting his political stance so as to appeal to the hardliners that would vote for Burish.

A man in a military uniform appears at the summit, "The Prince expresses his condolences and wishes you the best in your succession. He has reviewed the candidates and has decided to put in his vote for this 'Sir Anton Burish."

It is official. Arthur Wellman is the new Grand Imperator of the Drewish Empire. Of the 50 Lords on the Council, 39 voted for Wellman, with 11 voting Burish. As the victory was announced, Wellman made a brief, but passionate statement:

"For all the Drewish people, today is a day of celebration. Under my leadership, and the leadership of the Council, we will lead the Empire into a new golden age! We shall spread the glory of Drewish might across the globe, and our rivals will tremble with fear! No longer will we be slaves to democratic imperialism. No longer will the scourge of communism infect this world. With the help of our allies in the Nationalist Alliance, I am positive that our Drewish Empire will take its rightful place as one of Artemia's great powers! To all Drewish men and women of all colors and classes, I say this: follow me, and I will lead you to the ends of the Earth and back again. I will lead you through the trenches of despair, and liberate you from the harsh opression pushed on us by the Imperialists of the East! Good people of the Empire, look to the horizon! A new age of glory and dominance is upon us, and it begins now!