Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: Which languages do you speak?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
English
50.00%
12 50.00%
Spanish
12.50%
3 12.50%
French
12.50%
3 12.50%
German
0%
0 0%
Italian
4.17%
1 4.17%
Portuguese
0%
0 0%
Chinese
4.17%
1 4.17%
Japanese
4.17%
1 4.17%
Arabic
0%
0 0%
Other
12.50%
3 12.50%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Languages Thread

Hi Selene!

While in the regional chat the topic of languages came up, which led me to think it would be cool to have a thread where we can talk about how many languages we speak and/or whichever languages we would like to learn.

Make sure to answer the poll (multiple options are possible) and reply to this thread!

I'll start by saying I speak Spanish and English fluently, I have a decent knowledge of Italian and I have a very basic level of French. I would also like to learn Portuguese at some point, and continue working on my Italian and French.

Heyo!

I personally grew up learning English from being in the US and French because my parents are Swiss-French. So growing up dual-lingual honestly helped me a ton after I enlisted in the US Army and went off to Japan. I took some courses of Japanese in High School and that helped them figure my deployment. I am fluent in the three though sometimes my brain works on one or another or on rare occasions tosses all three together.

I'd love to learn Arabic, Mandarin and Russian at sometime in my life and probably will give it a go.

I know English and I can understand some Russian, but not speak it. Esperanto is also another language I would prefer to work on, but exterior circumstances prevents that.

I speak English and a bit of Japanese but that's about it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I just spent two weeks in Italy on vacation, so that was definitely a great chance to practice my Italian. I even managed to read a translation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone! I do have plenty more to learn, but this helped me use the language in a real environment.

Plus I got to see so many awesome cities and historical sites. :D

I speak (a) English and (b) Spanish because (a) I was taught in school and (b) it is my native tounge. I want to learn another, but I'm afraid there is not enough money for an actual professional class. I would like to learn German because Germany is a rich country must immigrate it seems cool and useful, I guess. Also, it is Germanic, so I guess I could relate.

I think Duolingo has a German course.

I know. I think the best way to learn it professionally is to pay. Status: Cannot Afford. Idk if Duolingo is as effective, but it's what I got.

I am apparently incapable of learning other languages. Took the two required language classes in school, Spanish, and promptly forgot all of it.
I can however, translate strong Irish accents, if that counts for anything.