Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Multiple Nations Restriction Rule

Hi all,

I take this opportunity to announce a small addition to Corpus Juris, regarding the ability of roleplayers to hold multiple independent nations within the same plot. As you all know, making multiple claims has always been illegal. Just as well, claiming to hold multiple independent nations within the same plot has never been something I intended to allow, but was never made explicitly illegal either. I have remedied that situation by adding the following language:

Users may not hold multiple independent nations within the same plot in the context of the regional canon without authorisation from the Founder.

This provision bans any user from unilaterally dividing their nation, thereby having an undue advantage over other uses who would remain with a single nation, but also allows for the possibility of establishing multiple nations with permission from the Founder. This involves submitting a request that includes a justification for the division and an explanation of the planned storyline. What follow are some basic requirements that would have to be met in order to receive authorisation for a divided plot:
  • It responds to a planned storyline
  • Such storyline would be moot if the division did not take place
  • Roleplay would considerably benefit from the development of the storyline
  • It does not appear the user will use the division to gain undue advantages in roleplay
Like the above text indicates, this only applies to the regional canon, so this would have no effect over roleplay in Summa Cavea. In that sense, and in keeping with the spirit of this rule, it will not apply to roleplayers who might claim that multiple nations existed within their plot in the past, as part of their national histories, since that would be a nation building mechanism that would offer no undue advantage over other players.

If anyone has any questions regarding this rule, please make sure to ask them below, and I will be happy to answer them.

Justinian Kalominos
Founder of Selene

So I assume this has come about because of my Karkara-Oscad split right? If so I'm pretty sure I meet all of the requirements for it to go through I mean, you know that I wouldn't use it to gain an advantage over other players. Plus I'm sort of planning to merge them in a while anyway so the split may not be permanent.

(10-14-2016, 04:22 PM)Kitty Cat Paradise Wrote: So I assume this has come about because of my Karkara-Oscad split right?

Karkara-Oscad split? I thought Karkara was a person. o.O

No no Karknar is the person and he named the island Karkara.

Well, this was actually an informal rule all along. I simply codified it, for the sake of transparency. If you really want to divide your nation, maybe you can send me a PM with your proposed storyline and I can see if it's good?