Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Astier Journals (1895 - 1904)

13 October 1895
Safien, Boudereaux

War has broken out in the Terres de l'est. Some place called Transnura has launched an invasion of our allies in the Arari. I don’t know if we should be over there though. I mean we are literally thousands of kilometers from those lands and the Archon says that it is to protect our “allies” but the boys and I don’t think so. Probably money. It’s always about money and at least from down here the men at the top seem to not be able to get enough of it. Funny how they send us to die for their gain.

Anyway, I arrived in Safien today. Never been here before. Beautiful city with even more beautiful girls than back home though so I guess that’s a perk of being a soldier. The number of ships is beyond belief though, I counted at least thirty when I arrived on the train but there has to be twice that many now. I talked with Phillipe and he says that when he arrived from Valastice that there had been nearly that many in their port too. Another boy from up north says there had to have been two or three times that many there too. Sounds like they’re really going for it.

The officers gave a briefing when we arrived saying we were all being shipped out to the Arari Kingdom, our ally in the east. We would be fighting a force of nearly two million enemies from the Transnuran Dominion. Though they just called them the “Dominion.” Supposedly they’re just some lackeys for the Mattoran Empire. Enemies of ours. Chatter is that this war was a while in the making.

Mom said it would be good to keep a journal. Not sure if I agree but we’ll see I guess. She tends to be right about things, least that’s what dad would have said about it. I miss him. Charles said he’s proud of me and that he thinks dad would be too. Volunteering… not something many boys back home are doing. I don’t blame them.

Officers say the journey will take a couple weeks if the weather is good. I hope so, sea sickness is supposed to be rougher than the waves that cause it. Guess I’ll write more later.

Messages In This Thread
Astier Journals (1895 - 1904) - by Parthenopias - 10-05-2018, 03:33 AM