Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

[IC]  Journals of J. Jessero

Arrival in the Sands
June 8, 2017

The flight was long but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Thankfully the layover in Io wasn't so bad, just a couple hours. As the plane descended into Letopolis, the familiar skyline brought back memories of when I was in university here and in love with Set. I couldn't help but try to hide what little blush there was on my cheeks, Pericles was sitting next to me and he knew quite well of the love affair I had had here so many years ago. A bit of turbulence struck as we were descending which caused one of the flight attendants to careen into one of the other passengers eliciting a bit of a yelp from him. He seemed alright but got quite vocal until Pericles spoke up, quite the gentleman. Pericles was after all six and a half feet tall, far above average for a Parthenopian man. His broad shoulders, brown eyes and peppered hair were quite intimidating if he stared at you, the man quieted down and apologized to the flight attendant.

Iras was for the most part the spitting image of her father. Calm, passionate and dedicated. Pericles had inquired quite a bit about why I felt the need to come to Reshara to help her find Rokh. I mean sure it would be a landmark legacy to be apart of this if they actually find the city, the amount of excavation required along with the deciphering anything present was going to be a several years if not decades long process. Rokh had little draw to me, least not as much as it would have on Resharans. Nonetheless it meant something to me, on a personal level it would be a good way to honor Set. It had been his dream, his passionate speeches to the University to fund his expedition and his life's work to see the city. It was only when Parthenopians were expelled that he had to choose between the city and his love for me. I couldn't let him choose, I wouldn't let him so I ended that love.

This would be something to occupy my time, something to honor the man I loved long ago, and to watch over his daughter. We had stayed in touch after I left him and left Reshara. We were penpals of sorts. He told me how he had uncovered evidence of where a possible location of Rokh might be. It was at the time that I was having my son and daughter along with really entering into Parthenopian politics. Things got away from me and time flew like someone tossed a clock out a window. I lost track of Set and didn't find out about his presumed death until I heard it from a colleague of mine at the University of Rahina.

I hadn't even thought about Rokh since before becoming Archon nearly a decade ago. As Archon I periodically traveled to Reshara to speak to their Kai along with enhancing the special relationship that our nations now enjoyed. Gone were the days of animosity among our general populations towards one another. Now that I'm simply a former Archon I have the freedom to travel, the freedom to explore and go on this kind of adventure. Strange how I would find myself in a country not my own but loved as much, with the daughter of my once loved who was told of me without my knowledge. The journey ahead would be an interesting one not just for the search of Rokh, but for the search to reconnect with a piece of Set. The plain landed with a shaking thud and out of the gate into adventure we went.

-

Rahina is the Capital City of Reshara
Letopolis is a coastal city and largest city in Reshara
Io is a coastal city in eastern Parthenopias. last major airport on the way to the south-eastern continent.

The Exodus as it is called was an event in 1971 when the Resharan Conservative Government kicked out all Foreigners. This ended in 1978.

Messages In This Thread
Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-11-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 06-13-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 07-16-2017, 02:40 PM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Parthenopias - 09-27-2017, 12:33 AM
RE: Journals of J. Jessero - by Royero - 02-18-2018, 03:28 AM